Guest Reviews

H > Community > Guest Reviews

How to Remove Scratches on an iPhone Screen An Experiment with a New …

페이지 정보

Author Carlos 작성일24-07-01 09:31 Views2

본문

Imagine a machine that can erase scratches from your diy iphone repair screen. Recently, I got my hands on such a device, developed by the same company that created the laser machine for removing shattered glass from iPhones. Curious to see if it works, I decided to test it out.

eT4GyCQuQ6eI2YqM.jpgThe machine is quite large and not something you'd typically buy for home use. Inside, it features a polishing pad and a coolant hose pump, akin to what you'd find in a CNC machine or metal band saw. The goal is to remove a microscopic layer of glass from the phone's screen using cerium oxide, a super fine powder harder than level 6 on Mohs scale of hardness. Mixed with distilled water, this abrasive liquid becomes our magic sauce for scratch removal.

For the experiment, I used a phone from my durability tests, already sporting scratches from level 6 and deeper grooves at level 7. The first step was to secure the phone in a plastic mold with waterproof sealant, ensuring the abrasive liquid wouldn't seep into the phone's interior. After curing the adhesive with a UV light, the phone was ready for polishing.

The phone, held securely in place by the machine's puck, was positioned on the polishing pad. As the abrasive liquid sprayed onto the surface, the pad spun, ensuring uniform scratch removal. After just five minutes, I paused to check the results. The level 6 and 7 scratches were completely gone, leaving the screen looking significantly better. However, the process also removed the oleophobic coating, which prevents fingerprints.

To restore the oleophobic coating, I cleaned the screen thoroughly and applied a new coating, curing it under UV light for another 30 seconds. The result was a screen that repelled fingerprints just like a new one. Encouraged by this success, I decided to test the machine further.

This time, I scratched another phone with a level 8 and even a level 9 pick, which created gouges and a deep score across the glass. After five minutes in the machine, the level 6 and 7 scratches were gone, but the level 8 and 9 marks remained. Extending the polishing time to 25 minutes didn't completely remove the level 8 gouges or the level 9 score, but it did make a noticeable improvement.

The machine proved effective for everyday scratches from keys or coins, typically around level 6 or 7. However, it struggled with more severe damage like level 8 and 9 scratches, which often accompany cracked screens. This outcome suggests that for minor wear and tear, the machine is a viable solution, but for major damage, screen replacement might be necessary.

Using this machine involves risks, as it immerses the phone in an abrasive liquid. Proper precautions, like waterproof sealant, are crucial to prevent damage. Despite these challenges, the experiment showed promising results for restoring older phones to a near-new appearance.

While this video isn't sponsored, I'd like to thank FIXD for lending me the machine. If you're curious about removing scratches from your phone, weigh the pros and cons carefully. Would you risk your phone to get rid of scratches? Let me know your thoughts on Instagram and Twitter, and diy iphone repair don't forget to subscribe for more tech experiments. Thanks for watching, and I'll see you around

Cordelia Jeju CEO Hyun Yeon-jeong Address. 941-1, Ojo-ri, Seongsan-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province Tel. +82-70-4548-2200 Fax. +82-70-4548-2210
Business Registration Number. 616-81-92828 Personal Information Management Responsibility. Hyun Yeon-jeong Copyright (c) 2016 JejuCordelia All Rights Reserved.