Guest Reviews

H > Community > Guest Reviews

Why No One Cares About Audi G28

페이지 정보

Author Roy Cheeke 작성일24-04-24 11:21 Views86

본문

How to Replace an audi key copy G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. The sensor is situated at the top of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a message to the ECU through an uncolored wire T55/49, then to the tachometer on the instrument cluster.

happy-african-american-businessman-holdi1. Engine Speed Sensor

It is located on the outside of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends signals to ECU pin T55/49 through the grey wire. The ECU uses this information to control boost and fuel. It also sends an indication to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster.

The sensor serves as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu needs to be aware of when the crankshaft has reached TDC, and where the camshaft lies so that it can activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will show the P00160 error, which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft aren't in sync and could indicate the chain stretching or a jump link on the upper timing chain. However, the error code won't appear on its own without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

Testing is a bit challenging since there are two connector pins and they perform different functions but the best method of testing it is to measure resistance between the sensor and the ECU. If the sensor is operational, it should be reading around 1000 ohms. If you're experiencing issues with this component, look for signs of oil or coolant in the connector audi Key copy bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, while accelerating at full speed from the highway paytoll, I experienced massive power loss like the engine is running out of gas or injectors are not firing at all. Today, i pulled out the spark plugs, three were drenched in gazoline, the fourth one was dry. When I crank the engine, there are no sparks, I put a piece of tissue on the top of each of the injector holes, the 3 drenched with gazoline pop out, but the 4th stays shut. I tried to test the ground connections of ECU pins 14,30, and 48/55. I found 0ohm. Therefore, i think the issue is in another place.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is disconnected, but it runs fine with the G28 plugged in. However, the intermittent misfire problem still occurs at higher RPM. The temperature sensor for the coolant (G62) shows the wrong temperature of -49c even when i unplug it. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar but the actual pressure is 0.

I'm not certain what to do, i feel i have pretty much ruled out everything else. But i'm worried that i might have missed something. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 can be activated by a signal by the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter functions similarly to the G4 sender and both work on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. It is easy to find an extra in a wrecking shop or parts store. Test them out - put your DMM in resistance mode and measure the resistance between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's end up) and 2 (2nd from left on the black connector's side). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY, and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that must know the speed and position of the crankshaft to make a decision about timing of the fuel injector, for example. It uses a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to accomplish this. If either of these goes wrong, you will receive codes on the diagnostic scanner that can lead to engine shutdown.

A malfunctioning G28 sensor could cause an inaccurate speed counter for your gearbox, a gearbox that shifts faster than normal, or a misfire while in gear. If you experience any of these problems, it is likely that your sensor is going bad and requires replacement. The good news is that they are quite affordable and easy to find, especially in the case of an Bosch model, which is what ours are. You can also choose the GM version of this part is also a good choice.

5. Tachometer

A faulty engine speed sensor could be the reason behind a slew of issues with your car. It's an essential component of the transmission of your Audi, as it transmits information to the ECU on how fast or slowly the engine is turning. This sensor could cause the transmission to malfunction and other car components to be affected.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the outskirts of transmission, above the flywheel ring. It transmits signals via a gray wire to the ECU pin T55/49. The ECU then processes this signal to regulate the flow of fuel, timig and boost and then sends it on to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can check the sensor for failure by examining the continuity between it and the tachometer, between the ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection on pin T6a/1 (trace [79]) as well as between T6a/1, and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should see a resistance of approximately 1000 ohms in these areas. This is a standard part across the audi key fob not working 80, 100 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC to the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU. Good parts could be found in wrecking yards.

Cordelia Jeju CEO Hyun Yeon-jeong Address. 941-1, Ojo-ri, Seongsan-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province Tel. +82-70-4548-2200 Fax. +82-70-4548-2210
Business Registration Number. 616-81-92828 Personal Information Management Responsibility. Hyun Yeon-jeong Copyright (c) 2016 JejuCordelia All Rights Reserved.