Guest Reviews

H > Community > Guest Reviews

Ten Things You Learned In Kindergarden That'll Help You With Audi G28

페이지 정보

Author Stephanie 작성일24-05-04 17:10 Views9

본문

How to Replace an Audi G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. The sensor is located near the edges of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a message to the ECU via a grey wire T55/49, then to the tachometer in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The sensor is located at the edge of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends signals to ECU pin T55/49 through the grey wire. The ECU then uses this information to control the flow of fuel, timig and boost. It also sends a signal to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu needs to be aware of when the crankshaft has reached TDC and also where the camshaft lies to trigger the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails to function, the ECU will display a P00160 error code. This indicates that the Crank Shaft is out of line with the Intake Camshaft. It could also be a sign of a chain stretch or a jumped chain link in the upper chain of timing. The code won't show without the additional information supplied by other sensors (G4 or G40).

It can be a bit difficult to test as there are various pins on the connector, and they all have different functions. The best method for doing this is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read about 1000 ohms when the sensor is at full operation. If you are having problems with this sensor, look for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, while accelerating from the highway paytoll at maximum speed I noticed a significant reduction in power. It was as if the engine had run out of gas. Or, my injectors were not firing. This morning i pull out the spark plugs, three were drenched in gazoline, the fourth was dry. When I crank the engine with no sparks i put tissue on the top of each of the injector holes, the 3 drenched with gazoline jump out but the 4th one stays closed. I tested the ground connection of ECU pins 14,30 and 48/55. I found zero ohm. I think the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged, and it works fine when the G28 plugged in. However the intermittent misfire issue continues to occur at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even when unplugged, still shows an ice temperature of -49c. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bars but the actual pressure is 0.

I'm not sure what to do. I think I've all other possibilities out. I'm worried that i might have missed something. If anyone has any ideas please chime in! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 receives a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is similar to the G4 sender and works on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. It is easy to find the spare in a salvage shop or a parts store. Testing them is easy by putting your DMM in resistance mode and measure the resistance between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's end up) and 2 (2nd from the left on the black connector's side). They should be infinite ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY ADU) engines requires to be aware of the speed and position of the crankshaft in order to make a decision about timing of the fuel injector, etc. It makes use of a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to achieve this. If you are experiencing issues with either of these, the diagnostic scanner will display codes that could lead to the engine shutting down.

A failing G28 sensor can cause an inaccurate speed counter for the gearbox and a gearbox which shifts faster than normal, and/or an unfire when in the gear. It is likely that your sensor is failing and requires to be replaced if you notice any of these symptoms. The good thing is that they are very affordable and easy to find particularly when you're looking at an Bosch unit which is what ours are. If you prefer, Car Key Replacement Audi GM's version of this part is a good option.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine sensor can cause a myriad of issues in your car key replacement new audi key - historydb.date -. It's a vital component of your audi car key replacement's transmission, since it relays information to the ECU about how fast or slow the car's crankshaft is turning. When this sensor fails, it could cause problems for the transmission as well as the rest of the car's components.

chrome_trhg3QMQrz.pngThe G5 engine sensor car key replacement audi is located near the edge of the transmission, just above the flywheel ring. It sends an electrical signal through an uncolored wire to the ECU pin T55/49. The ECU is then able to process the signal to control fuel, timig, and boost as well as transmitting it to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can check for sensor failure by examining the continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. You can also verify continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should see an average resistance of 1000 ohms in these areas. This is a common feature across the Audi 80-100-200-RS2 range, from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS An and 1995 RS2 DU, so you might find good ones in wrecking yards.

Cordelia Jeju CEO Hyun Yeon-jeong Address. 941-1, Ojo-ri, Seongsan-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province Tel. +82-70-4548-2200 Fax. +82-70-4548-2210
Business Registration Number. 616-81-92828 Personal Information Management Responsibility. Hyun Yeon-jeong Copyright (c) 2016 JejuCordelia All Rights Reserved.